The Open Institute is a local non-governmental and not-for-profit organization which supports the social and economic development of Cambodia by working in three major fields: gender, information technology, and the development of Khmer language. The Open Institute presently runs seven programs: KhmerOS, Open Schools, E-learning, Women's, Publications, Lexicography and the River of Knowledge.
The Open Institute is currently seeking interested qualified candidates to fill in the position as Women's Project Manager.
The mission of the Women's Program is to work as an observatory of gender issues which will keep government and society informed on the real development of formal and real social and gender equality in Cambodia, and to use this information to facilitate discussion on women's issues and rights through all means of communication, leading to improvements in policy when adequate and possible. The Program also provides the tools and the training to support the efforts of women's organizations in Cambodia to do advocacy and to empower other women through the use of Information Communication Technologies.
The main responsibility of the Women's Program Manager is to manage and ensure smooth operations, good results, and the impact of the Program. In order to do this, the Coordinator must clearly understand the information needs of the government, maintain a network of contacts with Government and NGOs, promote effective communication among organizations working on women's issues, and ensure the quality of the communication tools of the Program.
The selected candidate will become the leader of the Women's team, a creative and dynamic group of young people who believe that their professionals and skills will help women become agents of change who contribute to gender equality and women empowerment in Cambodia through the strategic use of Information. You are a good candidate for this position if you have at least as Bachelor degree in management, Communication, Human and Science or equivalency degree. You must also have also at least two years experience working in a project related to gender, women, media, or rights advocacy. To be a good coordinator you need to have appropriate knowledge and experience in project management, research methodology, gender equality, and information dissemination. Fluency in spoken and written both in English and Khmer is highly appreciated.
- To lead and coordinate creatively and visionary the women team.
- To maintain a network of contacts and to promote effective communication - through the use of Information Communication Technology - with organizations working on women's issues.
- To provide guidance on the continuous development of the women web portal and women bulletin.
- To organize Information Communication Technology - ICT - training for partner institutions of the women program.
- To supervise and coordinate the research of ICT and women related.
- Bachelor degree in management, Communication, Human and Science or equivalent
- Having at least two years experience in one of the following development projects - gender, women, media, rights advocacy.
- Effective communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management, research methodology, electronic communication, gender equality, information management, basic content publishing and photo editor application.
- Be motivated to work for a social project and to continue learning while working.
- Speak and write good Khmer and English languages.
- Have good time management and interpersonal skills, continuing to learn new things while working and be discipline. Be able to work under time pressure and meeting the tight deadline.
- Be able to use computer, Khmer UNICODE, Learning Management System, Internet and Technology at intermediate level.
Working condition and Salary
- This position is full time employment and recruitment is as soon as possible.
- Be able to travel to provinces and outside of the country in short notice.
- Attractive salary will be offered base on experience and qualifications.
It is strongly encouraged that you download and read the two documents below:
- Background of Women Program
- Women Web Portal
- Job Description of Women's Project Manager (in English, in the pdf format).
Submission of application
All the applicants are required to submit their applications including the following:
- A cover letter that addresses how your qualifications meet the selection criteria mentioned above.
- Last updated CV attached with a recent passport photo and relevant certificates.
Application closing date is 9 April 2010 at 17:00.
For further inquiry: 023 224 821.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.