The Open Institute is a local non-governmental and not-for-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate knowledge sharing and communication for social development in Cambodia. It presently runs five programs: KhmerOS (jointly with NiDA), Women, E-learning, Lexicography and Publications. The Open Institute is seeking a qualified candidate for the Project Coordinator position of the Women Program.
- To lead and coordinate creatively and visionary the women team.
- To maintain a network of contacts and to promote effective communication – through the use of Information Communication Technology - with organizations working on women’s issues.
- To provide guidance on the continuous development of the women web portal.
- To organize Information Communication Technology – ICT - training for partner institutions of the women program.
- To supervise and coordinate the research of ICT and women related.
2. Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in management or equivalence.
- Having at least one year experience in coordinating development projects – women, media, rights advocacy.
- Knowledge and understanding of gender issues, Information Communication Technology (ICT), media and communication.
- Computer, E-mail and Internet literacy, and Khmer typing.
- Speak and write good Khmer and English languages.
- Have good time management and interpersonal skills, continuing to learn new things while working and be discipline. Be able to work under time pressure and meeting the tight deadline.
3. Working condition and Salary
- This position is full time employment and recruitment is as soon as possible.
- Be able to travel to provinces and outside of the country in short notice.
- Attractive salary will be offered base on experience and qualifications.
4. Recommended Reading
It is strongly encouraged that you download and read the two documents below:
- Background of the Women Program (in Khmer, in the pdf format).
- Job description of the Project Coordinator (in English, in the pdf format).
5. Submission of application
Please make sure that when you submit your application, it contains:
- A cover letter that addresses how your qualifications meet the selection criteria mentioned above.
- last updated CV attached with a recent passport photo and relevant certificates.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit all required documents as mentioned in “section 5” in hard copy to House 19 Street 374, Sangkat Tuol Svay Prey I, Khan Chamkarmorn.
Application closing date is 14th November 2007 at 11:30. For further inquiry: 023 224821.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.