The Open Institute is a local non-governmental and not-for-profit organization which supports the social and economic development of Cambodia by working in three major fields: gender, information technology, and the development of Khmer language. The Open Institute presently runs seven programs: KhmerOS, Open Schools, E-learning, Women's, Publications, Lexicography and the River of Knowledge.
The Open Institute is currently seeking interested qualified candidates to fill in the position as Information Analyst/Writer for the Women's Program.
The mission of the Women's Program is to work as an observatory of gender issues which will keep government and society informed on the real development of formal and real social and gender equality in Cambodia, and to use this information to facilitate discussion on women's issues and rights through all means of communication, leading to improvements in policy when adequate and possible. The Program also provides the tools and the training to support the efforts of women's organizations in Cambodia to do advocacy and to empower other women through the use of Information Communication Technologies.
The main responsibility of the Information Analyst/writer for the Women's Program is to assume responsibility for the content production and collection for the information distribution tools of the program (bulletin, web portal, book, etc.).
- To write articles on women/gender/ and on women and economic related for the women web portal, women bulletin and other publication of the women program.
- To organize a proper layout and do first editing the women bulletin.
- To collect content from women organizations, women networks, government and other institutions whose work related to women's issues and rights.
- To maintain a network of contacts and to promote effective communication - through the use of Information Communication Technology - with organizations working on women's issues.
- To participate in the development of the women web portal, women bulletin, books, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in media and communication or equivalence related fields.
- Having at least one year experience in news writing skill.
- Knowledge and understanding of gender issues, right advocacy, Information Communication Technology (ICT), media and communication.
- Computer, E-mail and Internet literacy, and Khmer typing.
- Speak and write good Khmer and English languages.
- Have good time management and interpersonal skills, continuing to learn new things while working and be discipline.
- Be able to work under time pressure and meeting the tight deadline.
- Able to travel to the provinces and out side of the country in short notice.
Working condition and Salary
- This position is full time employment and recruitment is as soon as possible.
- Attractive salary will be offered base on experience and qualifications.
It is strongly encouraged that you download and read the documents below:
- The Women web portal
- Background of the Women Program (in Khmer).
- Job description of the Information Analyst/Writer (in English, in the pdf format).
Submission of application
Please make sure that when you submit your application, it contains:
- A cover letter that address how your qualification meet the selection criteria mentioned above
- last updated Curriculum Vitae attached with passport photos and relevant certificates
Application closing date is 12 February 2010 at 17:00.
For further inquiry: 023 224 821.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.