The Open Institute is a local non-governmental and not-for-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that the benefits of technology for social and economic advance are usable in Cambodian society. It presently runs seven programs: KhmerOS, Women Empowerment Social Change, Elearning, Open Schools, Publications Lexicography and River Knowledge.
The main goal of the Women's Empowerment for Social Change Program is to promote gender equality in a society in which women can exercise their rights in a balanced way and can build competence to become self-sufficient, with improved women's participation in social, economic and political life.
The Open Institute is seeking Four Short-term Research Assistants.
- Interview selected sample institutions and individuals and collect relevant data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Create and maintain good relationship with sample institutions
- Enter data collected into Excel or Epidata or SPSS.
2. Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree of Sociology, Psychology, Marketing or research relevant fields.
- Demonstrated experience conducting research
- Good communication skills
- Office application skills and research software program such as Epidata or SPSS
- Good team work and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, in an organized way
- Understanding of women and ICT for development in Cambodia is an added advantage
- Experiences in research on women or ICT related issues is a plus advantage.
3. Working conditions and Salary
- Full time employment with the understanding that works can be done outside the office but are required to have 1 to 2 hours daily meeting with the researcher at the office of the Open Institute.
- Package payment
4. Recommended reading
It is strongly encouraged that you download and read the documents below:
- Background of Women Program
- Women Web Portal
- Job Description of Short-term Research Assistants (in English, in the pdf format).
5. Submission of application
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their applications including the following:
- A cover letter that addresses how your qualifications meet the selection criteria mentioned above, and your personal commitment for the applied position.
- Latest updated CV attached with a recent passport photo, and relevant certificates.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit all the required documents as mentioned in "section 5" in hard copy to House 19 Street 374, Sangkat Tuol Svay Prey I, Khan Chamkarmorn (Opposite to Sangkat Toul Svay Prey I Office) or Soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Application closing date is January 15, 2009 at 11:30 am. For further inquiry: Contact Mr. Hav Kongngy, Email: email@example.com, Tel: 023 224 821 or 011 551 114