The Open Institute is a local non-governmental and not-for-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate knowledge sharing and communication for social development in Cambodia. It presently runs six programs: KhmerOS, Women Empowerment for Social Change, E-learning, Open Schools, Publications and Lexicography.
The Open Institute is seeking qualified candidates for the Administration Officer – One Position.
The main responsibilities of Administration Officer are to maintain and up date an organizational documentations, statute, policies, contracts and meeting minutes. The officer takes care of all the day to day management of the facilities, facilitating smooth operations in the organization.
- To administer and monitor all activities of the Administration section.
- To supervise and provide guidance to team members.
- To actively communicate within team and with other departments.
- To organize and maintain the filing system.
- To take minute for the meetings.
- To take part in staff/volunteers recruitment and selection.
- To participate and contribute knowledge and experience to build team capacity.
To regularly communicate and develop reports, work plan, time schedule.
- Graduated from management bachelor degree or equivalent degree.
- One-year experience as office administrator at an organization.
- Competent in the use of computer applications: Office applications, email, Internet, file management.
- Speak and write good Khmer and English language.
- Good interpersonal skills, time management, discipline, and able to work with little supervision.
It is strongly encouraged that you download and read the two documents below:
- Background of the Open Institute.
- Job description of the Administration Officer (in English, in the pdf format).
Submission of application
All the applicants are required to submit their applications including the following:
- A cover letter that addresses how your qualifications meet the selection criteria mentioned above.
- Last updated CV attached with a recent passport photo and relevant certificates.
- The editorial (in Khmer and in English) as required in section 3 (Only for Freelance Editor)
Application closing date is 12 February 2010 at 17:00.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.