- About us
- Job Opportunities
Short Term Job Opportunity
TRANSLATION / TRANSLITERATION
Full time work for two months.
The Open Institute is a local Cambodian NGO which supports the social and economic
development of Cambodia by working in two major fields: gender equity and information
The Open Institute is working on a exciting program that will in the future affect automatic
translation from English to Khmer. The program is looking for qualified candidatesto fill
3 short term positions as Translators/transliterators.
The translators/transliterators will:
• Translate and transliterate from English to Khmer, with most of the work being
transliteration of English names and expressions to Khmer script.
• Before starting the task, successful candidates will be trained on the transliteration
tasks, defining clear rules on how each sound should be transliterated to Khmer
• After training, they will be expected to reach a speed of translating/transliterating
around 250 sentences between 1 and 5 words each per day.
• Period: Two months of work. Starting as soon as possible.
A qualified translators/transliteratorsmust fulfill the following requirements:
1. Having a bachelors degree on Khmer or English language.
2. Being used to type in Khmer Unicode.
3. Having a good knowledge of English.
4. English to Khmer translation experience will be valued.
5. General knowledge of the English speaking world will be valued.
If you consider that you fulfill these requirements, please send your CV to:
email@example.com before the 24 July 2015, mentioning your interest on this task.