- About us
- Job Opportunities
The Open Institute is a local Cambodian NGO which support the social and economic development of Cambodia by working in three major fields: gender equality, development of research capacity and information technology development.
With support from The Asian Foundation, the organization is now implementing a project title “Media Advocacy to Prevent Intimate Partner Violence”. The goal of the Project is to improve media reporting on Intimate Partner Violence through social media.
To implement this project, The Open Institute is now seeking qualified candidates and interest person to fill in positions as Project Officer.
1) The main responsibility of the Project Officer is to help the project manager and in execution of the project and monitor all activities of the project, to ensure for a smooth operation, high quality deliverables and accountability to the project donor. Main responsibilities include:
1. To assists Program Manager in developing and maintaining project plan for all activities of the project.
2. To develop and maintain campaign with relevant government institutions, policy makers, and key influencers.
3. To assist Program Manager in developing and implementing social media strategy.
4. To assist Program Manager in designing, training material and to organize trainings.
5. To organize meetings, trainings, forums and seminars
6. Daily follow up posting and comment from student to Hang Meas, Bayond and CTN’s face books. Provides feedback to students if need.
7. To produce and regularly report to the management team on project progress, as well as to draft quality reports to the project donor.
8. Together with project management team to conduct monitoring and evaluative on the project.
9. Supports Program manager on writing the monthly and quarterly report, and media partnership activities.
10. To work on project's reports including financial reports.
1. At least bachelor degree in gender studies, development or a related fields, preferably in Communication and Media.
2. 2 year experience in project implementation in NGO and in one of the following areas - gender, gender-based violence, media, and right advocacy, managing advocacy activities including campaign development, resources development, public speaking and writing.
3. Knowledge and understanding of media monitoring in Cambodia will be highly valued.
4. Fluency in Khmer and English (written and spoken).
5. Have good communication, time management and interpersonal skills, proven ability to lead a small project team as well as maintain good relations with top management staff, donors and other external stakeholders.
6. Previous experience working media and youth
7. Successful track record in event and project management
8. Good understanding of advocacy issues in a development context in intimate partner violence
9. Strong understanding of youth networks and mobilization approaches and media organizations.
10. Strong negotiation, problem solving, liaison, and networking skills.
11. Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
12. Fully able to embrace organizational values and possess a high level of commitment towards the mission of Open Institute.
4) Working condition and Salary
1. The Project Officer is full time employment for 5 months and an attractive salary will be offered based on experience and qualifications.
2. All advertised positions to start as soon as possible.
5) Submission of application
The Women team of the Open Institute has a productive and motivated work environment, where respect for the other members of the team is the norm. This respect will be given to and expected from successful candidate. We seek new colleague who is motivated to work in a social project and who can integrate themselves in such a team, who have time-management skills and who are able to work with little supervision.
The positions will be based in Phnom Penh. If you think that you fit this description, and that you are qualified for this job, we invite you to submit:
1. A cover letter that addresses how your qualification meets the selection criteria mentioned above.
2. An updated CV attached with a recent passport photo and relevant certificate.
All required document can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver them to #8 Street 352, Sangkat Beung Keng Kong I, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh. Application closing date is 9 September, 2015 at 17:00pm. For further inquiry: 023 224 821. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified Women are encouraged to apply.